Monday, February 14, 2011

Are Calories Lost When U Have Diarrhea

"I do not know if I can do, but I try!"

"There's potential in that kid," she said, many years ago, the coach of a basketball bracket of an American school, watching a skinny guy and somewhat undernourished, who told him that he would gaming pleasure. No one would give him confidence, but the coach made him one of the best basketball players of his time.

When you think the people that God used, there must be convinced that he can see beyond appearances. It was like that of Gideon, the first time I had to do with God, he was told: "The Lord is with thee, thou mighty man of valor" .

not one would have said, because Gideon stood, half hidden in a narrow place in threshing grain. He was full of fear of the Midianites who could have come, suddenly and at any time to raid everything. There was little of value in your attitude. But God knew what he wanted to do.

Gideon said "Alas, my lord, if the Lord is with us, because we did all this happen? Where are all his miracles which our fathers told us ... but now the Lord has forsaken us and given us into the hands of the Midianites ... " (Judges 6:13,14).

Then the Lord said "Go with this power that you have and free Israel from the hands of the Midianites; not me that I send you? ".

"But Lord, my family is the poorest of Manasseh (a tribe of Israel, not shown), and I'm the youngest in my father's house ..." (sounds a bit 'as the excuse of Moses is not it?). But the Lord answered: "I am with you and you will defeat the Midianites as if it were a single man" .

"If so, give me a sign that it's you that I speak ... Let go and prepare a bid ... "

when Gideon comes back with the offer to be consecrated to God, the person who had spoken with the touch the tip of his stick and consumed by fire. Gideon was the sign applied for and understand. Who was the Angel of the Lord spoke to him, the second Person of the Trinity, as sometimes happened in the Old Testament. Gideon becomes afraid, but God assures him that "He's' in peace, not fear not die!" .

Gideon builds an altar to the Lord and calls him "God-peace."

After that begins the big business man "mighty warrior", including requests for signs to the Lord, acknowledgments, hope, obedience, fear and a great victory. Gideon progresses in faith, it becomes increasingly strong and trusting the Lord and the accompanying encourages and supports, as a father would a son. A wonder!

You can not tell his whole story here, but read it for yourself, if you have a Bible, in chapters 6-8 of the Book of Judges. It seems an adventure novel and describes Gideon who, with his strength and God gave him, progressed incredibly. (If you do not have a Bible, to order it Association of Evangelical Truth, Pozzuoli Via 9, 00182 Rome. We have a popular edition that costs just € 1.50 + postage.)

Gideon's story makes me think a friend of mine, much younger than me. It was converted to the Lord when he was less than 20 years and she was shy to the point that when the guard, became red in the face and wanted to escape. But he had the potential, of which even she realized. I began to entrust some small job in our church. His answer was always: "I do not know if I can, but I try." And he succeeded!

God sees all his children of the "strong and brave" and wants to bring out our potential. He wants to use us to do His work through us. He knows what he does.

One of the verses of my life is in the Book of Ecclesiastes: "What your hand finds to do, do it with all my heart" (9:10). It starts from there. And who knows where you end up!
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment